Representing Men in Divorce and Family Law
When facing divorce, there are important first steps to consider. It is crucial that you know your rights and initiate a thorough game plan to protect them. Holtey Law has a proven understanding of the complex issues surrounding family law matters. We will assess your situation and provide straight answers.
Experience tells us that it is best to deal calmly and rationally with the legal and financial issues you are now facing. In the throes of divorce and custody it can be difficult to do this. It is normal to feel uncertain, insecure, angry or depressed right now. Legal counsel and guidance will help you act swiftly and effectively. We will help you protect yourself and protect your children.
Things to Consider
- Stay put. It has been said that possession is nine tenths of the law. Don’t move out of the primary residence unless ordered by a court. Patterns or precedence you establish can be difficult to undo.
- Remember you have rights too. You have joint legal and physical custody of your children under common law, unless and until a court orders otherwise.
- Do not sign anything until it is reviewed by your attorney
- Secure your finances and separate them fairly. Keep documentation. Close joint accounts. Keep your records private.
- Focus your attention on your children. Be involved in their lives. Reassure them that both of their parents love them and will continue to be there for them.
- Arm yourself with knowledge. Approximately Fifty percent of marriages end in divorce.
- Books, websites, counseling, divorce support groups exist to help you through this. Enlist your resources.
Family and Divorce Law Services
Holtey Law can help you in Oregon family court matters, including:
- Child Custody, Child Support and Visitation
- Spousal Support
- Grandparents Rights
- Divorce Mediation
- High Asset Dissolution of Marriage
- Family Law (all areas)
- Property Division (inheritance, debt, asset issues)
- Relocation Cases
- Restraining Orders and Stalking Orders
Efficient and Effective
Through skilled negotiation, marriage dissolutions, divorce and family law matters can often be settled without litigation. We take a constructive approach with this process and are committed to helping families find solutions that work for everyone involved. Our team works to provide you with options for resolving your family law disputes in an efficient and cost effective manner.