Credentials, Education, Professional Associations and Community Activities
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Clackamas County Bar Association
- Multnomah Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section
- Entrepreneurship Committee, member
- St. Andrew’s Legal Clinic, night intake volunteer
- YOUth Film Project, attorney volunteer
- IMPRINT Program, volunteer
- Clackamas County Bar Association – Expungement Clinic, volunteer
- Oregon State Bar Member since 2012
- Juris Doctorate, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2012
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, History, and Economics, Syracuse University, 2009
Michael Schaefer moved to the Portland area when he was 10 and, with the exception of his undergraduate studies at Syracuse University, he’s lived here ever since.
He graduated from Lewis & Clark Law School in 2012, and was admitted to the Oregon State Bar in the same year. Prior to joining Holtey Law, Michael ran his own solo practice in West Linn. Before that he worked at the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office while attending law school.
Though Michael now primarily focuses on family law, his former experience as a general practitioner allows him to draw knowledge and know-how from several areas of law to help give his clients additional support and assistance.
Michael lives with his wife in Southeast Portland. In his free time he enjoys hiking, biking, camping, and is an avid sports fan.