Credentials, Education, Professional Associations and Community Activities
- Oregon State Bar Member Since 2009
- Oregon Super Lawyers Rising Star 2013
- Juris Doctorate, Willamette University College of Law, 2009
- Master of Science in Urban Planning and Policy, University of Arizona, 2001
- Bachelor of Arts in Urban and Regional Planning and Geography, Miami University, Ohio, 1999
- Family Law Attorney, Harris Law Firm, P.C., 2012-2015
- Attorney. Owner, King Law, LLC, 2009-2012
- Family Law Section of Oregon State Bar, member
- Multnomah Bar Association, member
- Washington County Bar Association, member
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine 2013
James King is a graduate of Willamette University College of Law, and has been a member of the Oregon State Bar since 2009.
Raised in Cleveland, Ohio, James completed his undergraduate studies at Miami University, in Oxford, Ohio and his Master’s of Science degree at the University of Arizona before working as an urban planner for a private civil engineering firm until 2006.
James moved to Oregon to attend law school and has practiced family law since 2009, effectively representing hundreds of clients in nearly every type of family law matter, from simple child support modifications to multi-day divorce and custody trials.
James enjoys working on complex cases, including custody, parenting time, asset and debt division, spousal support (alimony), and child support. His gift for quickly understanding complex financial issues allows him to advise his clients in an efficient and straightforward manner.
James and his wife Rose live in Northeast Portland with their two sons. James enjoys being outside, seeing live music, and traveling to see his large extended family.